Peanuts pack a powerful punch of protein, and what better way for kids to enjoy them than to add to a delicious 4-ingredient bliss ball. They’re a quick and easy nutritious snack for afternoon tea, after sport, or to satisfy hungry bellies in-between meals or on-the-go. If you’ve got a high-speed processor, you can whip these delicious peanut balls up in no time at all!!
4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
Allergens: GF, DF
8 dates, soaked in hot water for 5 mins
⅓ cup (50g) almonds
1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
⅓ cup (115g) peanut butter, no added sugar or salt
Pinch of sea salt (0.5g)
Place almonds and shredded coconut in a high-speed food processor and blend until the mixture is smooth.
Add the dates and peanut butter and blend until it reaches a smooth consistency.
Scoop out the mixture using a tablespoon and roll into small balls. Wet your hands with a little water to prevent dough from sticking.
Place in the fridge for 30 mins to firm up.
Serving and storing leftovers: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
- Add 1-2 tbs of Wholesome Child Protein+ Vanilla or Choc.
- Add 2-3 tsp of Veggies+.
- Add 2 tbs chia seeds, hemps seeds or flaxseeds along with the almonds and shredded coconut before processing.
- Add 2 tbs coconut oil along with the dates and peanut butter before processing.
- Add 1-2 tbs of honey, maple syrup or coconut sugar along with the dates and peanut butter before processing.
Allergy advice and simple swaps:
- For a nut free version: Swap almonds and peanut butter for ⅓ cup of mixed seeds of choice and peanut butter for tahini or sunflower/pumpkin seed butter.
- Swap peanut butter for almond butter or almond, cashew or macadamia nut butter.
- For a baby or toddler friendly version: Ensure the bliss ball mixture is processed thoroughly into small fine pieces to avoid choking and omit optional sweeteners.