These Berrylicious Oat Bars are an easy on-the-go breakfast and snack. They are more filling and nutritious than a store-bought breakfast bar and are boosted with Superfruits+ powder to increase their immune-boosting power. Perfect for the whole family to enjoy!
Berrylicious Oat Bars+
breakfast bars, lunchbox friendly
Please note: Superfruits+ powder is manufactured in a facility that also processes products containing milk, fish, shellfish, crustacea, eggs, soy, tree nuts, lupin, and sesame.
1 1/2 cup (180g) rolled oats
1 cup (40g) shredded coconut
1 1/4 cups (180g) Medjool dates, pitted
2 tbs (32g) Superfruits+ powder
Pinch sea salt
1/2 tsp (2g) baking soda
1 egg, lightly whisked
1/4 cup (60ml) coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup (80g) frozen berries of choice
Preheat oven to 160°C and line a 30x20cm baking dish with baking paper.
Add oats, coconut, dates, Superfruits+, salt and baking soda to a high-speed food processor and process until it reaches breadcrumb consistency.
Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until combined.
Press into the prepared baking dish and bake in oven for 20-25 mins.
Allow to cool completely before slicing into bars.
Serving and storing leftovers: Serve immediately, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days or freeze for up to 4 months.
- Add 1-2 tbs Veggies+ powder to batter before processing
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract to the mix before blending.
- Add a pinch of stevia or 1-2 tbs of maple syrup or raw honey to the mix before blending.
Allergy advice and simple swaps:
- For a gluten free alternative: Swap oats for gluten-free oats or quinoa flakes.
- For an egg-free alternative: Use an egg-replacement such as a flax egg (1 tbs flaxseed meal + 3 tbs water).