Looking for a clever way to use up carrots, dates and almonds? Look no further than these delicious bliss balls. They’re perfect to make with your little ones, and with the addition of our immune-boosting Superfruits+, they deliver mouthfuls of vitamin C, iron and zinc in every bite.
Boosted Carrot Bliss Balls+
snacks, healthy treats, afterschool snacks
Please note: Superfruits+ powder is manufactured in a facility that also processes products containing milk, fish, shellfish, crustacea, eggs, soy, tree nuts, lupin, and sesame.
1 cup (240g) dates, pitted and chopped
½ cup (80g) carrot, peeled and finely grated
1 ¼ cups (150g) almond meal
1 ¼ cup (75g) desiccated coconut
2 tbs (32g) Superfruits+ powder
Place ¼ cup of desiccated coconut in a small bowl and set aside.
Place remaining ingredients into a high-speed food processor and process until smooth.
Roll into little balls and then roll the balls in the reserved desiccated coconut.
Place bliss balls in freezer and leave to set for 1 hour.
Serving and storing leftovers: Keep bliss balls in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 6 months. Best eaten within 15 mins of removing from freezer.
- Add1-2 tbs of chia seeds to the mix before blending.
- Add ½ cup of baby spinach to the mix before blending.
- Add ¼ cup of coconut sugar to the mix before blending.
- Roll bliss balls in dried beetroot powder or carob powder instead of desiccated coconut.
Allergy advice and simple swaps:
- Swap beetroot for grated beetroot.
- For a nut-free alternative: Swap almond meal for pumpkin seed meal.