Oh me, oh my, have you ever tasted anything so good. Not too sweet, not too tart... but oh so perfect. And they’re boosted with Superfruits+ and covered in chocolate. What more could a kid (and parent) ask for! My daughter loves these and requests them for every playdate. She enjoys making them with me and rolling them into balls and dipping them in dark chocolate. They don’t last long as everyone gobbles them up, so I always make a double batch to ensure there is enough to see us through the week.
Boosted Cherry Ripe Popsicles+
Healthy treats, snacks
Dietary: Veg, GF
3 cups (240g) desiccated coconut
2 tbs (40ml) coconut oil, melted
2-3 tbs (50ml) raw honey
1 ½ cups (210g) frozen, pitted cherries
4 tsp (16g) Wholesome Child Superfruits+
150g dark chocolate (>70%), melted
Place desiccated coconut, coconut oil, honey, cherries and Superfruits+ powder into a high-speed food processor and process until well combined.
Shape tablespoons of the mixture into balls and put them onto a plate. If you want to make popsicles, place a popsicle stick into each ball. Freeze for an hour.
In the meantime, melt the chocolate and place into a cup for easier dipping.
Dip each ball into the melted chocolate and sprinkle with extra desiccated coconut (optional).
Serving and storing leftovers: Serve immediately, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 14 days or freeze for up to 4 months.
- Swap 1 cup of desiccated coconut for almond meal.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract to the cherry mixture.
- Sweeten further with a pinch of pure stevia.
- Top with extra desiccated coconut.
Allergy advice and simple swaps:
- For a vegan alternative: Swap honey for maple syrup.
- If you don’t have popsicle sticks at hand, simple drizzle the balls with the melted chocolate. Alternatively you can also shape the cherry mixture into bars and drizzle them with chocolate.