Cheesy Chicken Nuggets+
1 cup (90g) rice breadcrumbs
½ cup (50g) parmesan cheese, finely grated
Pinch sea salt
½ cup (60g) arrowroot
3 large eggs
2 tbs (20g) Wholesome Child Veggies+
500g chicken tenderloins or breast, skinless cut into nugget-sized pieces
1-2 tbs (30ml) extra virgin olive oil, for frying
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan, and salt together.
In a separate bowl, place the arrowroot powder.
In a shallow bowl, combine the egg with the Veggies+ powder and whisk together using a fork.
Place the chicken nuggets on a large plate and sprinkle with some salt.
Dip each chunk separately into arrowroot powder then into the egg mix and then finally into the breadcrumb mix. Press down firmly to ensure each nugget has a thick coating of the breadcrumb mix.
Coat a large frypan with 1-2 tbs olive oil and place over medium heat. Place the nuggets in the pan and make sure they are not touching each other and there is enough room to turn them over.
Cook for approx. 3-4 mins on each side- or until golden brown.
Serve with a dip of choice.
Serving and storing leftovers: Serve immediately, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 4 months.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tsp of dried oregano to the breadcrumb mix.
Allergy advice and simple swaps:
- For a dairy-free version: Swap parmesan cheese for ¼ cup of nutritional yeast.
- For an egg-free version: Dip chicken nuggets into milk of choice instead.
- Swap arrowroot for organic corn starch or flour of choice.
- Swap parmesan cheese for grated mozzarella or gauda.