This Chocolate Avocado Smoothie is rich, creamy, and chocolatey. It’s made with natural wholefood ingredients and heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. Although most avo smoothies contain plenty of good fats, minerals and vitamins, they often lack protein. That’s why we’ve boosted it with our Protein+ Choc powder, which not only offers loads of easy-to-digest plant-based protein, it also ramps up the iron, calcium and folate content in each serve of this nutritious and sustaining smoothie.
Choc Avo Smoothie+
breakfast smoothies, afterschool snacks
Please note: Protein+ Choc powder is manufactured in a facility that also processes products containing milk, fish, shellfish, crustacea, eggs, soy, tree nuts, lupin, and sesame.
1 ripe banana (150g), peeled and frozen
½ ripe avocado (70g), pitted and peeled
1-2 Medjool dates (20-40g), pitted
2-3 tbs (30-45g) Protein+ Choc
2 cups (500ml) almond milk, unsweetened
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour mixture into 3 separate cups of choice.
Serving and storing leftovers: Serve immediately, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 24 hours or freeze in ice popsicle moulds for up to 4 months.
- Swap Protein+ Choc for Protein+ Vanilla flavour.
- Add 1 tbs (15g) chia seeds to the blender.
- Add 1/3 cup (10g) kale, rinsed and shredded to the blender.
- Add 1 tsp (5 ml) of vanilla extract to the blender.
- Top with shredded coconut, crushed nuts or seeds of choice.
Allergy advice and simple swaps:
- For a nut-free alternative: Swap almond milk for coconut, soy, rice or oat milk.