There is genuinely no healthier way to start your day than with a bowl of rich and satisfying oat porridge. Oats help stabilise blood sugar levels, are high in fibre and packed full of vitamins and minerals. However, if you’re still working on transforming your little oat porridge sceptic into a porridge loving fan, simply add a couple of teaspoons of our Protein+ Choc to add a rich chocolatey flavour (which most kids can’t resist). Plus, it will boost the protein, zinc and iron content too.
Choc Oat Porridge+
breakfast, porridge, winter warmers
Please note: Protein+ Choc powder is manufactured in a facility that also processes products containing milk, fish, shellfish, crustacea, eggs, soy, tree nuts, lupin, and sesame.
1/3 cup (30g) rolled oats
1/2 ripe banana (75g), mashed
1/3 cup (80ml) coconut milk
1/3 cup (80g) filtered water
2 tsp (5g) Protein+ Choc
Combine oats, mashed banana, coconut milk and water in a small saucepan and gently bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and let simmer on low heat for 3-4 mins.
Turn the heat off and stir through Protein+ Choc.
Serve porridge with warm.
Serving and storing leftovers: Serve immediately, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 4 months.
- Swap Protein+ Choc for Protein+ Vanilla.
- Add 1-2 tsp (16g) of chia seeds to the porridge before cooking.
- Add 1 tsp (5ml) of vanilla extract to the porridge before cooking.
- Add 1 tsp (5ml) of maple syrup to the warm porridge.
- Top with crushed nuts or seeds and slices of banana.
Allergy advice and simple swaps:
- For a gluten-free alternative: Swap rolled oats for gluten-free oats or quinoa flakes.
- Swap coconut milk for milk, almond, oat or soy milk.
- Swap banana for 1/3 cup of berries of choice or leave out.