These fun and delicious gingerbread men are a healthier alternative to traditional recipes. They taste delicious and are full of protein and can be boosted with our Veggies+ or Protein+ powder. My kids love helping to make these and decorate them with melted dark chocolate. So what are you waiting for, give it a go with your kids!!
snacks, healthy treats
Allergens: DF, GF
2 cups (240g) almond meal
1/2 cup (55g) coconut flour
1/4 cup (20g) desiccated coconut
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanillaextract or powder
1/2 cup (75g) coconut sugar
2 tbs maple syrup or raw honey
2 tbs apple sauce
1/3 cup (80ml) coconut oil, melted
Preheat oven to 160°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
Place all dry ingredients in a high-speed food processor and process until well combined.
Add the wet ingredients and process until a smooth dough is formed (you can also mix by hand).
Roll the mixture out on a well-floured surface, using a rolling pin. If sticky, add flour onto rolling pin or cover dough with cling wrap and roll over plastic.
Using a cookie cutter, cut out gingerbread men shapes.
Bake for approximately 15-20 mins.
Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool.
Serving and storing leftovers: Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Freeze for up to4 months.
- Add 2-3 tsp of Wholesome Child Veggies+ to the mixture before processing.
- Add 2 tbs of Wholesome Child Protein+ Vanilla to the mixture before processing.
- Decorate with melted dark chocolate (>70%) or dried fruit and nuts.
Allergy advice and simple swaps:
- For a nut-free alternative: Swap almond meal for seed meal or wholemeal spelt flour.
- For an egg-free alternative: Leave out egg.