Harries Peanut Power Rescue Bar
snacks, healthy treats
¾ cup (190g) peanut butter, smooth
1/3 cup (130g) raw honey
2 tbs (40ml) coconut oil
2 cups (160g) oats
1/3 cup Wholesome Child Protein+ Vanilla
2 tbs (20g) coconut flour
Pinch sea salt
100g dark chocolate (>70%), melted
Place peanut butter, honey and coconut oil into a heatproof bowl and place over a pot with boiling water. Stir until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Add oats, protein powder, coconut flour and salt into a high-speed food processor and process until fine consistency is reached.
Add dry mixture to the bowl with the peanut butter mix and stir to combine.
Press mixture evenly into a 20 x 20 cm baking dish lined with baking paper and freeze for approx. 30 mins.
Cut into bars and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Serving and storing leftovers: Serve immediately, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 4 months.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla powder or extract.
- Add a pinch of stevia.
- Instead of the chocolate drizzle, stir through ½ cup of dark choc chips into the dough.
Allergy advice and simple swaps:
- Swap peanut butter for nut butter of choice.
- Swap coconut flour for almond flour or flaxseed meal.
- Swap honey for maple syrup.
- For a gluten-free alternative: Swap oats for gluten-free oats or quinoa flakes.