Overnight Chia Pudding
1 cup (100g) rolled oats
¼ cup (50g) chia seeds
1 ½ cups (375ml) milk of choice
¼ tsp (1.25ml) vanilla extract or powder
½ tsp (1g) ground cinnamon
1 cup (160g) frozen blueberries
1 tbs (20g) raw honey
Blueberry Jam (optional)
Place all pudding ingredients into a jar and mix until well combined.
Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours.
For the blueberry jam, add blueberries and honey to a small saucepan and bring to boil.
Let simmer for 2-3 mins, take off the heat and allow to cool for a few mins.
Serve chia pudding with blueberry jam on top.
Serving and storing leftovers: Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Add 2 tsp of Wholesome Child Superfruits+ to the mix before refrigerating (it will enhance the purplecolour).
- Add 1-2 tbs of Wholesome Child Protein+ Vanilla to the mix before refrigerating and leave out vanilla extract in ingredient list.
- Top with fresh berries or nuts.
Allergy advice and simple swaps:
- For a dairy-free alternative: Swap cow’s milk for coconut, oat, soy or almond milk.
- For a gluten-free alternative: Use gluten-free oats or quinoa flakes instead of rolled oats.
- Swap blueberries for berries of choice.