There is something about the flavour of salted caramel ice cream that no one can resist. However, most of these ice creams are loaded with sugar and made from synthetic flavourings, which aren’t ideal for young children. But now you and your little ones can fill up on this mouth-watering Salted Caramel Nice Cream, which is flavoured with natural food ingredients and boosted with Protein+ Choc - a simply delicious and nutritious alternative for ice cream addicts.
Salted Caramel Nice Cream+
afterschool snacks, smoothies
Please note: Protein+ Choc powder is manufactured in a facility that also processes products containing milk, fish, shellfish, crustacea, eggs, soy, tree nuts, lupin, and sesame.
1 ripe banana (150g), peeled and frozen
1-2 Medjool dates (20-40g), pitted
1 tbs (20ml) almond butter
2-3 tbs (30-45g) Protein+ Choc
1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream
Pinch sea salt
Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour mixture into 2 separate bowls and top with your favourite toppings.
Serving and storing leftovers: Serve immediately or freeze in an airtight container or in popsicle moulds for up to 4 months.
- Swap Protein+ Choc for Protein+ Vanilla.
- Add 1 tbs (15g) chia seeds to the blender.
- Add 1 tsp (5 ml) of vanilla extract to the blender.
Allergy advice and simple swaps:
- Swap coconut cream for coconut, almond, soy or oat milk.
- Swap almond butter for cashew butter.
- For a nut-free alternative: Swap almond butter for tahini or sunflower seed butter.