No need to wait for a birthday to surprise your child with this delicious Birthday Cake Smoothie. Its nutritious ingredients mean that it can be enjoyed any day of the week. Combining potassium from bananas, healthy fats from almond butter and our easy-to-digest Protein+ Vanilla powder, it’s perfect for growing bodies (and their parents) to start their day.
Birthday Cake Vanilla Smoothie+
smoothies, healthy treats, afterschool snacks
Please note: Protein+ Vanilla powder is manufactured in a facility that also processes products containing milk, fish, shellfish, crustacea, eggs, soy, tree nuts, lupin, and sesame.
1 ripe banana (150g), peeled and frozen
1 tbs (20ml) almond butter, no added sugar
1-2 Medjool dates (20-40g), pitted
2-3 tbs (30-45g) Protein+ Vanilla
1 ½ cups (375ml) coconut milk, unsweetened
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour mixture into 3 separate cups of choice.
Serving and storing leftovers: Serve immediately, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 24 hours or freeze in ice popsicle moulds for up to 4 months.
- Swap Protein+ Vanilla for Protein+ Choc or Superfruit+.
- Add 1 tbs (15g) chia seeds to the blender.
- Add 1 tsp (5 ml) of vanilla extract to the blender.
- Add a pinch of sea salt.
Allergy advice and simple swaps:
- For a nut-free alternative: Swap almond butter for a seed butter or tahini or remove completely.
- Swap coconut milk for almond, soy or oat milk.
- Swap almond butter for cashew butter.