Are you looking for a substitute for store-bought crackers but having no luck? Then, why not try these healthy, easy-to-make, seeded cacao crackers. They are filling, delicious and still nutritious with a hint of maple syrup and all the goodness of flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, and pecans! For a school-friendly version, simply swap the pecans for additional pumpkin seeds.
Seeded Maple Cacao Crackers
Snacks, Sweet Snacks
Allergens: EF, DF
Contains: Wheat, Nuts
¾ cup (75g) rolled oats
¼ cup (45g) flaxseeds
¼ cup (40g) pumpkin seeds
¼ cup (30g) pecans
1 tbs (8g) raw cacao powder
2 tbs (40ml) maple syrup
Preheat oven to 180°C and prepare a baking tray.
Place oats and seeds into a high-speed food processor and process until nuts and seeds have broken down and it reaches a crumbly consistency.
Add rest of the ingredients and process until combined.
Place dough onto a sheet of baking paper and flatten slightly with your hands. Top with another sheet of baking paper and using a rolling pin, roll over the paper until the dough is about 2-3 mm thick. Carefully take the top sheet off and place the rolled-out dough onto the baking tray.
Bake for approximately 45 mins. It will still feel a bit soft to touch but will harden once it cools.
Allow to cool completely, then break into small pieces.
Serving and storing leftovers: Serve immediately, store in an airtight container for up to 4 days or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 4 months.
- Add 1-2 tbs of Wholesome Child Protein+ Vanilla or Choc to the food processor before processing.
- Add 2 tsp of Wholesome Child Veggies+ to the food processor before processing.
Allergy advice and simple swaps:
- Swap pecans for macadamia nuts or any nuts￼ of choice or a combination of nuts and seeds.
- For a school-friendly version: Swap pecans for pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds or a mix of seeds.
- For a gluten-free version: Swap rolled oats for gluten-free oats or quinoa flakes or use 1/3 cup of coconut flour instead.