You scream, I scream, we all scream for nice cream. And now you can have it for breakfast, mid-morning tea or later afternoon snack or an after-dinner dessert. And the best part, it’s made purely from fibre-rich fruit, coconut cream and Medjool dates. But that’s not all; it’s loaded with our Protein+ Vanilla powder, adding a whopping dose of protein that stabilises blood sugar levels while still satisfying little sugar monsters cravings for ice cream.
Strawberry and Banana Nice Cream+
healthy treats, afterschool snacks, dessert
Please note: Protein+ Vanilla powder is manufactured in a facility that also processes products containing milk, fish, shellfish, crustacea, eggs, soy, tree nuts, lupin, and sesame.
1 ripe banana (150g), peeled and frozen
½ cup (80g) strawberries, frozen
1-2 Medjool dates (20-40g), pitted
2-3 tbs (30-45g) Protein+ Vanilla
1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream
Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour mixture into 2 separate bowls.
Serving and storing leftovers: Serve immediately or freeze in an airtight container or in popsicle moulds for up to 4 months.
- Add 1-2 tbs (32-62g) of Superfruits+ to the blender.
- Add 1 tbs (20ml) almond or cashew butter to the blender.
- Add 1 tbs (15g) macadamias to the blender.
- Add 1 tsp (5 ml) of vanilla extract to the blender.
Allergy advice and simple swaps:
- Swap coconut cream for coconut, almond, soy, rice or oat milk.
- Swap strawberries for blueberries or any berry of choice.