Are you looking for a devilishly ghoulish cake for Halloween? Then, why not try our Vegan Chocolate Orange Cake? It’s the perfect way to satisfy little sugar monsters. Of course, they’d never guess that It’s boosted with our Protein+ Choc powder and made from wholemeal spelt flour, plus it contains no artificial nasties, so it’s the perfect Halloween indulgence for everyone.
Vegan Chocolate Orange Cake+
Dietary: Vegan, GF
1 ½ cups (210g) wholemeal spelt flour
3/4 cup (105g) coconut sugar
½ cup (45g) raw cacao
2-3 tbs (30g) Wholesome Child Protein+ Choc
1 tsp (4g) baking soda
Zest from 1 orange
½ cup (125ml) olive oil
½ cup(125ml) fresh orange juice
1 ½ cups (375ml) water
Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 8” cake tin with baking paper.
Place all ingredients into a high-speed food processor or kitchen machine and process until smooth.
Pour batter into the cake tin and bake for 30-40 mins or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely.
Frost with chocolate ganache, choc date frosting or honey buttercream or drizzle with dark chocolate.
Serving and storing leftovers: Serve immediately, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for up to 4 months.
- Swap Wholesome Child Protein+ Choc for Vanilla or add 2-3 tsp of Veggies+ or Superfruits+ to the batter before blending.
- Swap oranges for blood oranges or mandarins.
- Sweeten batter with a pinch of stevia if your children are used to sugary treats.
- Top with our Chocolate Ganache recipe or with melted dark chocolate.
Allergy advice and simple swaps:
- For a gluten-free alternative: Swap wholemeal spelt flour for brown rice flour or a gluten-free flour mix.